Instructor - Connnie Bonds
Connie learned of a family shooting sport called
cowboy action shooting from a coworker and has
been actively competing in that sport since 2009.
She enjoyed shooting competitively so much that
she wanted to share the knowledge of shooting and
having fun with firearms with others. Connie quickly
became an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor in 2009
and took an active role in helping to coordinate the
Brock’s Gap Training Center NRA Training Team.
She both assisted in and took the lead instructor
position in many classes training over 150 students
(men, women, and children) in 2011. Connie is a
member of both the Single Action Shooting Society
and the National Rifle Association.
Current Active Certifications:
- NRA First Step Pistol & Basic Pistol Instructor
- NRA Certified Refuse to be a Victim Seminar Instructor
- NRA Certified Firearm Safety in the Home Instructor
- SASS Range Officer I & II
- Lead and Assistant Instructor in NRA First Steps, Basic Pistol, and Refuse to be a
Victim Seminar in 2010 and 2011
- Lunch and Learn at UAB teaching alternative defensive strategies without firearms
- Single Action Shooting Society-SASS (Cowboy Action Shooting)
- National Rifle Association
- Brock’s Gap Training Center (Firearm Safety Training and Gun Club in Hoover, AL)
She passionately promotes the 2nd Amendment and the shooting sports
and believes if you are going to own a firearm you need to learn to be
responsible and safe. Connie enjoys teaching firearm safety to everyone
and is very patient with her students. Connie is just herself wherever she is
and will instantly put you at ease!